Below is a sample model paper for Tamil Nadu Police Sub Inspector exam. Lost likely there would be sections like reasoning, maths and current affairs, GK.
1. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
(1) Horse (2) Dog (3) Camel ( (4) Cow 5) Fox
2. How many meaningful English words can be formed with the letters RAE using each letter only once in each word?
(1) None (2) One (3) Two (4) Three (5) More than three
3. In a certain code RUST is written as QVRU. How is LINE written in that code?
(1) K]MF (3) KMJF (5) None of these
4. If the letters in the word DOLPHIN are rearranged as they appear in English alphabetical order, which of the following letters will be the fifth from left?
(1)0 2. d (3) I 4. L (5) None of these
5. What will come in place of question mark (?) in the alpha order given below?
(1) A (2) B (3) C (4) D (5)E
6. In a certain code 'ke pa 10 ti' means 'lamp is burning bright' and '10 si ti ba ke' mean;; 'bright light is from lamp'. Which of the following is the code for
'burning' in that language?
(1) si 2. pa (3) ti 4. ke (5) None of these
7. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word WONDERS, each of which has as many letters between its two letters as there are between them in the English alphabet?
(1) One 2. two (3) Three 4. four (5) More than four
8. The following groups of alphabets form a certain pattern with regard to their position in the English alphabetic series. Based upon the pattern, which of the following five alternatives shall replace the question mark? AD, FC, HK, MJ, ?
(1) NQ 2. OQ (3) OR 4. MP (5) None of these
9-10. A, B, C and D live on floors 3 to 6 of the same six storeyed building. A lives on fourth floor. Only one person lives on the floor between A and B. C does not live on a floor above A's floor.
9. Who lives on a floor immediately above B's
(1) A 2. C (3) D 4. A or c (5) B lives on top floor
10. Who lives on the fifth floor?
(1) A (2) B (3) c (4) D (5) None of these
Answers: 1.5, 2.4, 3. 1, 4. 5, 5. 3, 6. 2, 7. 4, 8. 3, 9. 3, 10. 4.
1. 2·2 x 5·6 + 17·8 = ?
(A) 30·12 (B) 30·012 (C) 3H2 (D) 31·012 (E) None of these
2. If the compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs. 15,000 in two years in Rs. 2,496, what is the rate of interest p.c.p.a. ?
(A) 8 (B) 10 (C) 6 (D) Cannot be determined (E) None of these
3. If the digits of a two digit number are interchanged, the number formed is greater than the original number by 45. If the difference between the digits is 5, what is the original number?
(A) 16 (B) 27 (C) 38 (D) Cannot be determined (E) None of these
4. Area of a rectangle is equal to the area of circle whose radius is 14 em. If the breadth of the rectangle is 22 cm, what is its length ?
(A) 24 cm (B) 28 cm (C) 26 cm (D) Cannot be determined (E) None of these
5. Ages of A and B are presently in the ratio of 5 : 6 respectively. Six years hence this ratio will become 6 : 7 respectively. What was B's age 5 years ago?
(A) 25 years (B) 30 years (C) 36 years (D) 31 years (E) None of these
6. In how many different ways can the letters of the word DISPLAY be arranged ?
(A) 5040 (B) 2520 (C) 720 (D) 1440 (E) None of these
7. Harshad bought 15 pieces of DVD players @ Rs. 4,500 each and sold all of them at the total price of Rs. 81,000. What is the per cent profit earned in the deal?
(A) 162/3 (B) 20 (C) 25 (D) 20·5 (E) None of these
8. 75% of a number is equal to fourfifth of another number. What is the ratio between first number and the second number?
(A) 5: 3 (B) 15: 16 (C) 3: 5 (D) 16: 15 (E) None of these
9. Mr. More spent 20% of his monthly income on food and 15% on children's education. 40% of the remaining he spent on entertainment and transport together and 30% on the medical. He is left with an amount of Rs. 8,775 after all these expenditures. What is Mr. More's monthly income?
(A) Rs. 40,000 (B) Rs.35,000 (C) Rs. 42,000 (D) Rs.38,000 (E) None of these
10. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 25% and the denominator is doubled, the fraction thus obtained is 5/9 . What is the original fraction ?
(A) 2/3 (B) 4/9 (C) 8/9 (D) Cannot be determined (E) None of these
1. a, 2. d, a. 3. d, 4. b., 5. d, 6. a, 7. b, 8. d., 9. c, 20. a
We would be adding GK section soon.