Below are some sample questions for Delhi Police SI, sub-inspector, for male as well as female candidates.
1. Which functionary can be invited to give his opinion in the Parliament?
(a) Attorney-General of India (d) Chief justice of India
(c) Chief Election Commissioner of India (d) Comptroller & Auditor General of India
2. Which of the following countries have an Unwritten Constitution?
(a) U.S.A. (b) U.K. (c) Pakistan (d) India
3. Lothal is a site where dockyards of which of the following civilization were found?
(a) Indus Valley (b) Mesopotamian (c) Egyptian (d) Persian
4. The world famous 'Peacock Throne' was kept in which of the following Mughal buildings? ]
(a) Diwan-i-Khas at Fatehpur Sikri (b) New Agra Fort (c) The Rang Mahal of the Red Fort at Delhi (d) The Diwan-i-Am of the Red Fort at Delhi
5. Which was the birth place of Guru Nanak?
(a) Gurdaspur (b) Amritsar (c) Lahore (d) Talwandi
6. Motilal Nehru and Chittaranjan Das were the founder-members of the:
(a) Communist Party of India
(b) Forward Block
(c) Socialist-Swarajist Party
(d) Swarajya Party
7. The immortal national song Bande Mataram has been written by:
(a) Rabindranath Tagore
(b) Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyaya
(c) Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyaya
(d) Surendranath Bandopadhyaya
8. The Mohemmadan Anglo-Oriental College at Aligarh was founded by:
(a) Md. Ali jinnah
(b) Mohammad Ali
(c) Saukat Ali
(d) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
9. Who among the following is generally regarded as the pioneer of Local Self-Government in Modern India?
10. Which one of the following was not a French settlement in India:
11. The famous Kohinoor diamond was produced from one of the mines in:
(a) Orissa b. Chotta Nagpur (c) Bijapur d. Golconda
12. 'Buddha' means:
(a) The Awakened
(b) The Religious Preacher
(c) The Genius
(d) The Powerful
13. Gandhiji considered Khadi as a symbol of:
(a) industrialisation (b) economic independence (c) economic growth (d) moral purity
14. "India Wins Freedom" is the autobiography of: ]
(a) Abul Kalam Azad
(b) Muhammad Ali
(c) Zakir Hussain
(d) Syed Ahmad Khan
15. A high growth rate of population is characterised by:
(a) high birth and high death rates
(b) high birth and low death rates
(c) low birth and low death rates
(d) low birth and high death rates
16. The Indian Sub-continent was originally a part of:
17. The tropical grassland is called:
18. The atmosphere is heated mainly by:
19. Which one of the following countries is the largest producer of uranium in the world?
(b) South Africa
20. Which of the following methods does not help in conserving soil fertility and moisture?
(a) Contour ploughing
(b) Dry farming
(c) Strip cropping
(d) Shifting agriculture
21. In a slanting hilly Indian terrain experiencing more than 200 cms of annual rainfall, which one of the following crops can be cultivated best?
(a) Cotton (b) jute (c) Tobacco (d) Tea
22. Mudumalai Wild-life Sanctuary is located in the State of:
(a) Kerala (b) Karnataka (c) Tamil Nadu (d) Andhra Pradesh
23. The narrow stretch of water connecting two Seas is called:
(a) Bay (b) Peninsula (c) Isthamus (d) Strait
24. Naga, Khasi and Garo hills are located in:
(a) Purvanchal Ranges
(b) Karakoram Ranges
(c) Zaskar Ranges
(d) Himalaya Ranges
25. Laws of heredity was put forward by:
1. 1 2. 2 3. A 4. D 5. D 6. D 7. C 8. D 9. A 10. C 11. D 12. A 13. B 14. A 15. B 16. d 17. C 18. C 19. A 20. B 21. D 22. C 23. D 24. D 25. A